Time to Submit or Update Student Goals for Year-End Reporting
We are drawing near the end of our fiscal year when we need to report LVVS achievements to our funders. A critical part of that reporting is documentation on the progress our students have made to meet their English language proficiency goals.
To assist you in documenting the goals that you and your student set, a blank Student Goals Reporting template can be obtained under the Tutor Portal on the left-hand side. This template provides categories and sample goals that you can refine based on your specific student’s needs. At a minimum, each goal must include:
- Tutor Name and Student Name
- Short description of student goal
- Date set and date achieved
Goals can be submitted either written out in an email, or by attaching the full Student Goals Report to an email (info@LVVS.org) or sending it to the LVVS office.
- If you have not previously submitted a goal for your student, please consider submitting a goal now so that we can increase the number of goals established for our students.
- If you have previously submitted a goal, please assess whether it has been met and send in the completion date.
- If your student set a goal and it is no longer applicable, please close it out and put in Not Achieved (N/A) for completion date.
New Student Recruitment
In order for LVVS to continue our work to help the residents of the Valley Shore to learn to read, write and speak English to further their work and life skills in our community we need your help.
Since the beginning of COVID-19 we have had a reduction in the number of new student applications we receive which is to be expected during the current environment.
If you are currently tutoring your student or know anyone who would benefit from our services please let them know we are accepting new student applications if they have family, friends, co-workers, etc. who may be interested in being tutored. You can direct them to the Student Portal on the website to obtain a student application.